Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Charged: Volt remains best-selling plug-in!

At least according to an article in Charged EV Magazine. They say it was the top-selling plug-in vehicle in the US in June, with sales of 1,760 cars for the month. As I can tell from the number of Volt's I've been spotting around my area, there are definitely a lot more of them on the road these days. Unfortunately the Leaf only sold 535 for the month. I do see those around town too, but I never think to post those spottings for some reason. I have never driven a Leaf, so I don't know how they compare. But I love my Volt and I think a lot of people realize having the gas generator is a great asset if you are not yet sure of finding working chargers out and about. Having unlimited total range makes a lot of people more comfortable in taking the plunge. And if they end up using it mostly on battery, as many do, they come to be more familiar with what range they really need and less worried about range in general. So maybe the Volt is like an EV with training wheels??? :D

No comments:

Post a Comment