Thursday, May 10, 2012

Used Some Gas

Had to go over to Sunset again and the traffic was nasty. Took me 45 minutes to go 2.5 miles, but then it lightened up for the rest of the 8 mile trip. Even though I was using minimal power sitting there, creeping forward, some still got used. Then I had to go to Glendale and then on to Pasadena. And so at the end of the day, it was 38 miles round trip but the creeping along for nearly an hour cost me. I had to run 4.2 miles of the drive home with the range extender, using what registered as 0.1 gallons of petrol. I am always a little embarrassed to have people around me hear the engine running on this car, but the fact is it's doing its job of making this the nearly perfect EV that won't leave you stranded if you need to go farther. I love it, but still wish I had just 10 more miles of battery range. I'm still at only 8.2 gallons of gas used for the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment